Summer Beauty Essentials
Summer has been in full swing and we know you are enjoying every minute of fun like we are! Here are a few of our summertime beauty essentials to keep your makeup routine on point with the season:
1. Can we just say that BB Cream is one of the best beauty products no matter what season?! But, we are especially obsessed with this Rimmel BB Cream Beauty Balm for summer because of its 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting formula. Let us give you the low down: it primes, moisturizes, minimizes pores, conceals, covers, smoothes, mattifies, brightens, and protects with an SPF 25! (Which is what we all need during the summer to keep our gorgeous skin looking young.) Seriously. How did we ever live without BB Cream? The world will never know.
2. This next item is one of our absolute favorites: the Loreal Bare Naturale All-Over Mineral Glow. Summertime is when you always want your skin to look glowing and radiant, and this lightweight powder veil accomplishes that and more. All you do is dust it over your face after you’ve applied your normal makeup routine, and you instantly have an illuminated look with a hint of summer color. And, it keeps your makeup in place longer (and ties your whole look together)!
3. Summer is all about the colors, and this summer we’re vowing to get a little more daring with our eye shadow looks. This Maybelline Eye Studio Color Molten Eye Shadow Duo comes in a ton of fun, vibrant shades and is so easy to create a new look. Each duo comes with two complementary shades that are a micro-gel formula, making them super blendable and almost have a liquid touch to them. You could use each duo alone, or get adventurous and grab a few duos to blend together!
4. How many times have you done your makeup to go to the pool or the beach, and suddenly you jump in the water and realize that your mascara maybe wasn’t waterproof. SUMMER FAIL. That is why we are introducing you to the Maybelline Define-a-Lash Volume Waterproof Mascara. Not only does it protect you from looking like a raccoon rather than a mermaid in the water, but let’s be real, when you’re going to the beach, you’re going for that whole “no makeup” makeup look. This mascara lengthens and defines your lashes with absolutely zero clumps and is subtler than plumping mascaras like the Falsies.
5. Time for the lips!! During the summer we definitely like to steer away from super heavy lipsticks or lip glosses that can just make us feel weighed down in the heat and humidity, but we still like to keep our lips fun! We keep our Loreal Colour Riche Balm in our purse, beach bag, makeup bag, car, desk – literally everywhere. It is honestly the best. It comes in so many different sheer, tinted colors that are super lightweight and last 8 hours. And, it has a moisturizing + smoothing formula with SPF 15 to keep your lips ultra-kissable. ;)
6. Moving on to the nails!! Summer looks = incomplete without fun nails. But, keeping up with our nails is a chore that we just don’t want to worry about. Enter the Sally Hansen No Chip 10 Day Nail Color. Fun colors? Check. No chipping for 10 days? Double Check. Enough said.
7. Now, time for something that sometimes we like to forget about but definitely NEED to wear: sunscreen. We know, who wants to lather up some greasy and stinky lotion when you’re just trying to feel cute and summery? This is why Loreal literally saved us and introduced their Advanced Suncare Silky Sheer Lotion Sunscreen. It has an SPF of 30, no gross smell, absolutely no greasy feel, and even hydrates your skin for 8 hours. Plus, it comes in a convenient little travel size so you really don’t have any more excuses to not bring sunscreen with you on your adventures this summer.
8. Even though summer is the most fun time of the year, all the extra sun and outdoor activities can leave your skin looking a little tired or dry. We like to use the Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Revitalized Concentrated Body Serum to keep our skin feeling refreshed and hydrated. It has an amazing green tea scent with notes of mandarin and watermint, and has an antioxidant complex to protect your skin from stress and the natural aggressors the summer brings.
Hopefully you liked our favorite summer essentials and found a couple things that will keep your makeup routine feeling extra vibrant and fun this summer! Stay tuned for more posts from the BuyMeBeauty team. :)
Makeup Trends for 2023
You're going to be seeing a lot of makeup trends for 2023. There are so many new products coming out
Best Sellers of 2022
Happy New Year! We hope your January is off to a fantastic start. As you may have already discovered